Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Not so Prose Poem..(dont grade)

No more alarm, no more racing the sun out of bed. No more notes, William Blake who? No more feeling dead. No more rushing, no more being a mess, no more creative excuses. No more stress.


The final bell has not yet rung. Its almost here, I can taste it on my tongue
Three whole months of being free, already forgetting how to count from 1,2 3. Ding! There's the bell, flew out of there like I was flying from Hell.


Summer.


More sleep, more eat, more sleep, more moments to keep, more sun for fun, more days that are never done.


Wake up with the sun as my alarm, summer seems to have that kind of charm. No more understanding Keats, once again being familiar with my sheets. Get up to see what the day has in store, no more rushing out the door.


More river, more boats, no more trying to find Wordsworth quotes. More sand, more heat, more shoes that show my feet. More relaxed, more day, less moon. Summer never comes too soon.


Living life without a care, the suns big enough for all to share. I stay in it tell I can hardly feel, and my skin starts to curl and peel. Now I'm leather like my purse, doing this everyday will put me in a hearse. Summer makes everything shine, and the day is all mine. God, I love this feeling. Already a month passed, father time stop stealing!


More naps on the dunes, more windows down summer tunes. More places, more trips, more Television and potato chips.

As the sun starts to set, there is no place I'd rather be than barbequing with my whole family tree. I already smell the burgers are on as I make my way past the fridge, maybe later I'll read some Coleridge..Wait, I have no one to fool, there's still one month left tell school. Before we can eat, there is always a prayer to God. But this times odd, I don't have to fake, “Please God, no more Shelley, Byron, or Blake.”


More peace, less care. More late night truth or dare. More movies, more friends, more moments on my camera lens.


As I tuck myself in at night, falling asleep is no longer a fight. Feeling that this day was the best, I ask God for one more request, to have every day be summer and forget all the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment