Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Community Assignment: The Life of John Keats; A Romantic Poet

              This is a blog about and amazing romantic poet by the name of John Keats. I did not know much about Keats until this blog started posting information. When reading all the information this blog has posted, I am better informed on who Keats was. When I first started looking at blog I would see which ones stuck out to me. When I saw this blog I went through the whole blog and read everything. It was so interesting because I felt like I was reading a professionals opinion.
                I am researching William Blake, so I am trying to learn about other poets. I was reading Keats biography and he had a rough life to begin with, but he stuck through it and became an amazing poet. I found it weird that Keats once became popular after he had passed, even though his poems were recognized, why wait till he was dead to make him famous?
                A couple things that made this blog stick out was the appearance. This blog really popped with enthusiasm. The students that made this blog seem that they like Keats and think he is an amazing poet. I say that because all off the information that they give about Keats is, to me, professional writing. When Kylie posted the pop culture about Keats, I was amazed. I had never known that lady gaga had put some of Keats into her song “paparazzi.” Its amazing that these artist would think of putting in some English poet into one of their big hit songs.
                Andrew Torrey did an amazing job of the interpretation on the poem “Isabella or the pot of basil.” I didn’t understand that poem very well, until I read is post. I had no Idea that a poem with simple words could be so deep and sad.
Well overall, this is an amazing blog and I would love to see more and to be able to learn more about John Keats. Great job guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment