Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Community Assignment: “The Life and Work of John Keats”


As I was looking through multiple blogs designed by students about  the poets from the era of Romanticism, “The Life and Work of John Keats” caught my attention. The first thing I noticed when opening this blog, was that it wasn’t created on Blogspot, but a Wordpress website. The elegant designs as well as the plain colors made the blog stand out, contributing to its professional appearance.  The authors of this educational blog are Tina Ho, Zach Richmond, and Heidi McGill. Dedicated to John Keats, their page consisted of personal interpretations and analysis of poems such as “Bright Star”, “Isabella or The Pot of Basil”, “Ode to Autumn”, and “When I have Fears that I may Cease to Be”. Also it includes a biography of John Keats titled “John Keats Bio”, which is easy to read and briefly describes the main facts of Keats life; when Keats wrote his first poem, family history, and employment.

While reading through some of “The Life and Work of John Keats” posts, I realized that the professional appearance and its easy navigation made me want to stay on their blog page longer. In addition, I really liked that the background and text color associated with each other creating a good contrast, making their posts readable. The poem “Winter Break”, by Zack Richmond was very interesting and enjoyable to read. I agree with many of the things he wrote, and my favorite part would be the whole ending, “And the only thing the kids are thinking about is Spring break”. Since winter break was the main topic it was really unexpected to hear about spring break, but I think it was the perfect ending. “The Island” was also admirable; the use of imagery got my imagination going.

For someone who knows nothing about Romanticism, I would highly recommend reading this blog “The Life and Work of John Keats”. Not only does this blog teach people about Keat’s life, what his ideas are, or what he has written, but it also give them a better understanding of what could have influenced his works, and the time period Keats lived in. Overall in my opinion this group did a great job in creating their blog, and I would highly suggest anyone to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment